Thursday, June 20, 2013

(mini) Family Reunion!!!!! At the temple, of all places.

A couple weeks ago we took the long trip up to Utah to see my sister Caitie go through the temple. This was actually really brave of us because our car has no air conditioning. Caitie is going on her mission to Bakersfield California on July 24 and we are so stoked for her. It was so great for 2/3 of my immediate family to be together PLUS one wonderful aunt. And a bunch of wonderful friends.

We had lunch with Terry's friends and roommates since freshman year, and their wives. It was SOOO FUN! I loved it because I got to do girl stuff like sit with all the other wives and hold the baby and talk about the upcoming baby and talk about every girl's favorite subject: BABY NAMES!!! (Am I right on this one ladies?) It was just one of the most fun couple of hours and it made both me and Terry really miss all of our old friends and the good ole' college days. However, as we were driving through Provo we both decided that it's good that we have moved on. It's time for a new phase of life.

Also, right after we left we both said,

"DANG IT! WE FORGOT TO TAKE A BIG GROUP PICTURE WITH ALL OF OUR FRIENDS WHO WE LOVE SO MUCH!!!!"

(happened just like that, I swear).

So I guess that will have to be one of those memories we keep in our heart instead of on our hard drive.

And to make up for it I took a ton of pictures at the temple later that day.

The Salt Lake Temple is the most photogenic building ever (fact).

The fam with that one wonderful aunt I was talking about.
My burn sister. I love you, Manz. If you look really close you can see a three-legged cat in the background named Julia. 

The Philburn Clan. We miss you, Eric Steven and Em!
My parents and Caitie.
3/4ths of the girls. We love each other.
I love this man. So glad he's mine forever.
We love you Caitie! So proud of you little sister.
 Thanks Utah, for a good time, 80 degree weather, and people we love.

3 comments:

  1. Wait...your upcoming baby, or someone else's upcoming baby?!? Also, I used to read baby name books for fun...so yes, I think you're right on that one :) Love you girl!
    Love, Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Somebody's else's baby! I'll let you know when it's mine! And thanks girl, I thought I was right on that :)

      Delete